A large clock tower and trendy shopping center. Odori Avenue Park is the location of a magnificent snow festival.
Sapporo in western Hokkaido is divided up in a grid pattern, and is the largest city on the island. Odori Park stretches from east to west in the center of the city, and is a symbol of the city – full of art objects, fountains, lilac and acacia plants and lots of flowerbeds. To the north stand trading companies, financial institutions and local government offices, while to the south is a large underground shopping mall, which as the city’s main shopping center is always busy. It is connected directly to Sapporo Station, which is the transportation hub for all of Hokkaido and the place to board JR lines, the subway, and both local and tourist buses.
The city contains many essential sights: the Sapporo Clock Tower, which has been marking time for over a century; the former Hokkaido government office building, a neo-baroque building known as “Red Brick” that is lit up after dark; and the poplars outside Hokkaido University (formerly Hokkaido Agricultural College).
Odori Park is more than 1,400 meters long. In summer it is full of beer gardens, while in winter it becomes the location for a snow festival. During the festival, this big park is lined with magnificent snow statues and beautiful ice statues.
– New Chitose Airport to Niseko private transfer,
– New Chitose Airport to Furano private transfer,
– New Chitose Airport to Noboribetsu private transfer,
– Sapporo to Niseko private transfer,
– Sapporo to Otaru private transfers,
– Sapporo to Furano private transfers,
– Niseko to Sapporo private transfers,
– Niseko to Airport private transfers,
– Hakodate private transfers,
– and more on demand
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.